This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is completing the health history of a patient with documented androgen deficiency and ... (Read 31 times)

rl

The nurse is completing the health history of a patient with documented androgen deficiency and erectile dysfunction (ED). Which patient response would be a contraindication for this patient's use of hormone replacement therapy to treat his ED?

1. I am being treated for prostate cancer.
  2. I hate the idea of having an injection directly in my penis.
  3. I am currently taking antibiotics.
  4. Yes, I have a lot of hair on my chest and probably can't wear a patch.

Question 2

The nurse is concerned that a patient is at risk for developing cancer of the penis. What did the nurse assess to make this clinical determination?

Select all that apply.
  1. phimosis
  2. human papilloma virus (HPV)
  3. HIV infection
  4. excessive ultraviolet light exposure
  5. being Jewish or Muslim

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Natalie4ever

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to treat ED may be used for men with documented androgen deficiency who do not have prostate cancer. HRT involves intramuscular injections or topical patches, not intrapenile injections. This response does not relate to contraindications of HRT. Antibiotics are not a contraindication to HRT. Excessive chest hair is not a contraindication. The patient may place the patch on an area other than the chest or hair could be removed to permit adherence of the patch.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1, 2, 3, 4
Cancer of the penis is rare in North America but risk factors include males between the ages of 45 and 60; the presence of phimosis, HPV, or HIV; and ultraviolet light exposure, such as used to treat psoriasis. There is no information to support the incidence of penile cancer in Jewish and Muslim men.

rl

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

komodo7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library