Author Question: The nurse instructs a patient with Sjgren syndrome on self-care techniques. Which patient statements ... (Read 17 times)

Ebrown

The nurse instructs a patient with Sjgren syndrome on self-care techniques. Which patient statements indicate that teaching has been effective?

Select all that apply.

1. I will take aspirin every morning.
  2. I will use artificial tears as needed.
  3. I will make sure I drink water with each meal.
  4. I will be sure to drink fluids throughout the day.
  5. I will brush my teeth before and after every meal.

Question 2

The healthcare provider suggests that a patient with scoliosis participate in conservative treatment. What should the nurse instruct the patient about this treatment approach?

Select all that apply.

1. Reduce body weight.
  2. Use braces for support.
  3. Perform active and passive exercises.
  4. Consume 2 to 3 liters of fluid each day.
  5. Schedule routine injections with corticosteroids.

Jevvish

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2, 3, 4, 5
Nurses caring for patients with Sjgren syndrome need to teach measures to protect the patient's eyes and oral mucosa. Instill artificial tears as needed. Encourage the patient to sip fluids throughout the day. Instruct to perform frequent oral hygiene, particularly before and after meals. Ensure that the patient has sufficient fluids to drink during meals, because fluids help with chewing and swallowing. Aspirin is not indicated in the treatment of Sjgren syndrome.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1, 2, 3
Conservative treatment for adults with scoliosis may include weight reduction, active and passive exercises, and the use of braces for support. There is no recommendation to increase fluids in the conservative treatment of scoliosis. Corticosteroid injections are not considered conservative treatment for scoliosis.