This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse needs to reposition a patient with a fractured leg. Which action should the nurse take ... (Read 75 times)

jeatrice

The nurse needs to reposition a patient with a fractured leg. Which action should the nurse take when moving this patient?

1. making sure the extremity is supported distal to the fracture
  2. disconnecting the weights from the balanced traction setup
  3. supporting the extremity above and below the fracture
  4. supporting the leg directly under the fracture

Question 2

The nurse is evaluating the effectiveness of instruction provided to a patient with a newly applied arm cast. Which statements indicate that additional teaching is required?

Select all that apply.

1. I can wrap the cast in plastic wrap to protect it.
  2. I can use a blow dryer to make the cast dry faster.
  3. I will call the doctor if the arm starts to hurt more.
  4. I can use a sling to distribute the weight of the cast.
  5. I can use a coat hanger to scratch itchy skin under the cast.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Zack0mack0101@yahoo.com

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3
Support above and below the fracture site helps prevent displacement of bony fragments and reduces the risk of further nerve damage. Supporting the leg above the fracture site only or directly under the site may cause spasm and pain. If traction were in use, weights would not be removed.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 2, 5
The cast dries from the inside out; a blow dryer should not be used to speed drying. Nothing should be inserted under the cast. A blow dryer on the cool setting can be used to relieve itching. The cast can be wrapped in plastic wrap to protect it. The healthcare provider should be notified if pain increases. A sling can be used to distribute the weight of an arm cast evenly around the neck.

jeatrice

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

LegendaryAnswers

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library