This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient is diagnosed with an oblique fracture of the left femur. In which order should the nurse ... (Read 56 times)

storky111

A patient is diagnosed with an oblique fracture of the left femur. In which order should the nurse explain the steps of healing?

Choice 1. bony callus formation
  Choice 2. fibrocartilaginous callus formation
  Choice 3. hematoma formation
  Choice 4. remodeling

Question 2

A patient diagnosed with bursitis asks the nurse, Why do you keep asking what my pain level is? Don't you believe me? How should the nurse respond?

1. It is important to know your pain level so that we can provide you with the best medication.
  2. If you don't want the medication, you don't have to take it.
  3. I can't give you the medication unless I know what your pain level is.
  4. I don't understand why you are concerned about my questions. Would you clarify?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

blakeserpa

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3, 2, 1, 4

When a bone fractures, bleeding and tissue damage at the site of the fracture initiate an inflammatory response. A hematoma forms between the fractured bone ends and around the bone surfaces. Within 48 hours, fibroblasts and new capillaries growing into the fracture form granulation tissue that gradually replaces the hematoma. Phagocytes remove cell debris. Osteoblasts migrate to the fracture site, where they build a web of collagen fibers from both sides of the fractured bone. Chondroblasts lay down patches of cartilage as a base for bone growth. This fibrocartilaginous callus connects bone fragments, splinting the fracture and maintaining bone alignment. The third stage of fracture healing, bony callus formation, begins 3 to 4 weeks after the injury and continues for 2 to 3 months. Osteoblasts continue to form collagen fibers and bone matrix, which are gradually mineralized with calcium and mineral salts. During the remodeling phase, excess callus is removed and new bone is laid down along the fracture line. The fracture site calcifies and the bone reunites.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1

The nurse should explain the importance of assessing for pain so that appropriate medication can be provided. Asking the patient to rate the pain on a scale of 010 before and after any intervention is important to assess the effectiveness of the chosen pain relief strategy. The patient did not express concern or refuse medication. The nurse should address the patient's question.

storky111

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Wow, this really help

nyrave

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

Did you know?

An identified risk factor for osteoporosis is the intake of excessive amounts of vitamin A. Dietary intake of approximately double the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, by women, has been shown to reduce bone mineral density and increase the chances for hip fractures compared with women who consumed the recommended daily amount (or less) of vitamin A.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library