This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is reviewing data collected during a patient's health history. What information would ... (Read 104 times)

jon_i

The nurse is reviewing data collected during a patient's health history. What information would indicate a disorder of the pituitary gland?

1. dwarfism
  2. carpal spasms
  3. enlarged thyroid nodule
  4. hyperpigmentation of the skin

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a patient with Graves disease. On which laboratory value should the nurse focus for this patient?

1. thyroxine
  2. urine-specific gravity
  3. cortisol
  4. calcium

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Bison

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Dwarfism results from insufficient growth hormone produced by the pituitary gland. Carpal spasms can indicate a parathyroid gland disorder. An enlarged thyroid nodule could be associated with a thyroid malignancy. Hyperpigmentation of the skin might be associated with an adrenal disorder such as Addison disease or Cushing syndrome.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Thyroxine (T4) is the hormone secreted by the thyroid gland. Thyroxine (T4) is converted to triiodothyronine (T3), and both are secreted in response to thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH). Urine-specific gravity would be measured to provide information about the posterior pituitary. The adrenal gland produces cortisol. The parathyroid gland regulates calcium and phosphorous.

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

miss_1456@hotmail.com

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library