This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient with an autoimmune disorder tells the nurse, My family keeps telling me I don't look sick. ... (Read 37 times)

Garrulous

A patient with an autoimmune disorder tells the nurse, My family keeps telling me I don't look sick. Which problem should the nurse use to guide this patient's care?

1. lack of family comprehension about the disease process
  2. alteration in body functions
  3. inability of the patient to cope with the health problem
  4. inability of the patient to tolerate activity

Question 2

A patient is demonstrating signs of anaphylactic shock. What should the nurse do first to assist this patient?

1. Administer subcutaneous epinephrine.
  2. Maintain an airway.
  3. Provide calm reassurance.
  4. Place the patient on a cardiac monitor.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

manuelcastillo

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1

This patient states that the family does not recognize a disease process based on the patient's physical appearance. This suggests that the family does not comprehend the disease process. There is no evidence that the patient is experiencing an alteration in body functions, is unable to cope with the health problem, or is unable to tolerate activity.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 2

Establishing and maintaining a patent airway is of primary importance when a patient demonstrates anaphylactic shock. After an airway is established, epinephrine may be administered and a cardiac monitor connected. The patient can be reassured after the other interventions have been performed.

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

Asthma cases in Americans are about 75% higher today than they were in 1980.

Did you know?

There are actually 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, and three essential fatty acids that your body needs every day.

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library