This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During a history examination, a patient tells the nurse, The cardiologist says I have a leaking ... (Read 30 times)

james0929

During a history examination, a patient tells the nurse, The cardiologist says I have a leaking valve.  The nurse documents that the patient has a history of

a. acute mitral regurgitation.
  b. aortic insufficiency.
  c. chronic mitral regurgitation.
  d. pericardial friction rub.

Question 2

A 66-year-old patient is admitted to the critical care unit with a diagnosis of acute inferior MI

A 12-lead electrocardiogram (ECG) is done to validate the area of infarction. For the above patient, which leads on the ECG would correlate with an inferior wall MI?

a. II, III, aVF
  b. V5 to V6, I, aVL
  c. V2 to V4
  d. V1 to V2

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

briezy

Answer to Question 1

B
Aortic insufficiency is an incompetent aortic valve. If the valve cusps do not maintain this seal, the sound of blood flowing back into the left ventricle during diastole is heard as a decrescendo, high-pitched, blowing murmur. A pericardial friction rub is a sound that can occur within 2 to 7 days after a myocardial infarction. The friction rub results from pericardial inflammation (pericarditis). Classically, a pericardial friction rub is a grating or scratching sound that is both systolic and diastolic, corresponding to cardiac motion within the pericardial sac. Acute mitral regurgitation occurs when the ventricle contracts during systole and a jet of blood is sent in a retrograde manner to the left atrium, causing a sudden increase in left atrial pressure, acute pulmonary edema, and low CO and leading to cardiogenic shock. Chronic mitral regurgitation is auscultated in the mitral area and occurs during systole. It is high pitched and blowing, although the pitch and intensity vary, depending on the degree of regurgitation. As mitral regurgitation progresses, the murmur radiates more widely.

Answer to Question 2

A
Inferior infarctions are manifested by electrocardiographi c (ECG) changes in leads II, III, and aVF. Lateral wall infarctions are manifested by ECG changes in leads V5 to V6, I, and aVL. Anterior wall infarctions are manifested by ECG changes in leads V2 to V4 . Posterior wall infarctions are manifested by ECG changes in leads V1 to V2 .

james0929

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

essyface1

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

The horizontal fraction bar was introduced by the Arabs.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library