Author Question: The nurse has an interest in working with clients with mental health issues. In which environments ... (Read 48 times)

geoffrey

The nurse has an interest in working with clients with mental health issues. In which environments should the nurse expect to work with clients with antisocial personality disorders? (Select all that apply.)

1. Prisons
  2. Home care
  3. Inpatient units
  4. Outpatient clinics
  5. Substance abuse centers

Question 2

A client with an obsessive-compulsive personality tells the nurse, I become so anxious and stressed and then I start my compulsive ritual. I wish I could stop it. To help the client reduce the anxiety, the nurse should offer which suggestion?

1. Make a list of things that provoke anxiety for you.
  2. Hold an ice cube in each hand for 10 minutes when you are tempted to do a ritual.
  3. Keep distracted by playing the television and radio loudly.
  4. Set a rigid timetable of your daily schedule.

Harbringer

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 1, 5

1. Nurses will encounter patients with antisocial personality disorder much more often in forensic (legal) settings, such as prisons.
2. Nurses will encounter patients with antisocial personality disorder much more often in forensic (legal) settings, such as prisons or substance abuse treatment centers.
3. Nurses will encounter patients with antisocial personality disorder much more often in forensic (legal) settings, such as prisons or substance abuse treatment centers.
4. Nurses will encounter patients with antisocial personality disorder much more often in forensic (legal) settings, such as prisons or substance abuse treatment centers.
5. Nurses will encounter patients with antisocial personality disorder much more often in substance abuse treatment centers.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 1

1. Early recognition of situations associated with anxiety can help the client take action to avoid them or to use adaptive behaviors.
2. Holding an ice cube is a technique suggested for clients who are tempted to harm themselves.
3. Reduction of environmental stimuli helps to reduce anxiety.
4. Rigidity only supports the compulsive behavior.