This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When entering a room to perform an assessment the client states: I want the head nurse. I am an ... (Read 58 times)

Alygatorr01285

When entering a room to perform an assessment the client states: I want the head nurse. I am an important client. Don't bother me with little people. The best response by the nurse would be:

1. Do not talk down to me like that.
  2. I will call the head nurse.
  3. All the clients here are important.
  4. We might have to discharge you.

Question 2

After assessing a client with a personality disorder and explaining about the rules of the unit, the client states that rules apply only to everyone else. The nurse should plan to:

1. ask the doctor to talk to the client.
  2. ask the family to help.
  3. explain the consequences of noncompliance.
  4. meet with team members to establish consistency.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

1_Step_At_ATime

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 3

1. Returning anger has no effect on this client; in fact, it might be the goal.
2. Giving in to such requests will cause more problems for the entire unit. The nurse is calm but firm with the client.
3. Explaining that all the clients are important might work for a time. The nurse continues with care in a professional manner. It might take a few times for the client to get the idea that nurses will not be ordered around.
4. Telling the client that the doctor might discharge him is issuing a threat, which is not permissible.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 4

1. The doctor should participate in the team meeting. A talk with the client would not be productive.
2. It is not the responsibility of the family to make the client behave.
3. The nurse cannot threaten a client, but in this case, it would not faze the client.
4. The nurse calls a team meeting so that responses and firmness by all team members are consistent in order to decrease the client's manipulative behavior.

Alygatorr01285

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Wow, this really help

EAN94

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library