This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client tells the nurse, The doctor says my breast tumor was at B stage. What does that mean? The ... (Read 24 times)

arivle123

The client tells the nurse, The doctor says my breast tumor was at B stage. What does that mean? The nurse explains that the staging describes:

1. The type of cancer cells.
  2. Where the tumor tissue originated.
  3. The rate of growth of the cancer cells.
  4. The size of the tumor and extent of the cancer.

Question 2

An elderly client told the nurse she had been smoking for 70 years and did not have lung cancer. The nurse explained that other uncontrollable factors need to be taken into account, such as:

1. the type of cigarettes smoked.
  2. genetic predisposition.
  3. history of alcohol abuse.
  4. type of diet.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

pratush dev

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 4

1. Classification identifies the type of cancer cell.
2. Classification identifies the tissue or cell origin.
3. Grading estimates the rate of growth.
4. Staging of tumors provides the relative size of the tumor and extent of disease.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 2

1. The development of lung cancer is not dependent upon the type of cigarettes smoked.
2. Uncontrollable risk factors such as heredity can play a role in cancer development.
3. Alcohol use is a controllable risk factor for the development of cancer.
4. Diet may contribute to the development of cancer; however, it is a controllable risk factor in the development of cancer.

arivle123

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

nanny

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library