This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is visiting a client with AIDS in the home setting. The nurse plans to provide instruction ... (Read 24 times)

silviawilliams41

The nurse is visiting a client with AIDS in the home setting. The nurse plans to provide instruction to the family after noticing that:

1. the family washes the clients clothes in a 10 bleach solution.
  2. the family washes all dinner dishes in hot, soapy water.
  3. the family wears gloves when cleaning the bathroom.
  4. the client is caring for the family cat.

Question 2

The nurse is conducting a health program at the local high school on the prevention of the transmission of HIV. The nurse concludes that the students have met the learning goals when one student states:

1. I will be safe if I always have sex with the same partner.
  2. I am protected because I take oral contraceptives.
  3. I should not reuse a condom.
  4. I should never use a latex condom.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tofugiraffe

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 4

1. The nurse should teach the family to wash the client's clothes separately in a 10 bleach solution.
2. The client's dishes need not be kept separate as long as hot, soapy water is used to wash the dishes.
3. The family should be instructed to wear gloves when cleaning.
4. Cats and birds can carry toxoplasmosis and other diseases that do not affect those with a normal immune system but can cause illness in the HIV/AIDS client. Families should be encouraged not to have these animals in the home, if possible.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 3

1. It is not necessarily safe to be with only one partner unless there is certainty that both are uninfected and that the relationship is totally monogamous.
2. Oral contraceptives do not give protection against HIV but against pregnancy.
3. Students should be taught to never reuse a condom because a used condom might be damaged.
4. Latex is the preferred material for condoms.

silviawilliams41

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

chereeb

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Eating food that has been cooked with poppy seeds may cause you to fail a drug screening test, because the seeds contain enough opiate alkaloids to register as a positive.

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library