This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: As a working professional, the nurse knows that one reason to join the American Nurses Association ... (Read 52 times)

kwoodring

As a working professional, the nurse knows that one reason to join the American Nurses Association (ANA) is for which opportunity?

A) To participate in national discussions about resources
  B) To gain local and national notoriety
  C) To determine how to fight for resources locally
  D) To advocate for resources through different business sources

Question 2

The nurse on the mother-baby unit is confronted by a client who states, I know my rights and you have to do what I tell you Which response by the nurse is most appropriate?

A) I don't mind doing anything within reason, but you have a responsibility to be considerate to the staff as well.
  B) That statement is not included in your patient rights; don't yell at me.
  C) Why do you feel angry...did I do something you did not like?
  D) Do you want me to take the baby to the nursery so you can calm down?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

carlsona147

Answer to Question 1

Answer: A

Nurses must be aware of and participate in discussions that affect the allocation of healthcare resources in the workplace, in their communities, and at the federal level. Nurses are uniquely placed to advocate on behalf of clients when allocation of resources is being considered in their communities. They may advocate by talking with local legislators, writing to politicians, and engaging in discussions in their neighborhoods and social groups. As working professionals, nurses have the opportunity to participate in national discussions about resources through a number of professional organizations, such as the American Nurses Association.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

Most hospitals now publish lists of patient responsibilities, emphasizing that health care is a partnership between the patient and caregivers, that other patients have a right to be comfortable too, and that there are consequences if patients don't comply with treatment plans, cooperate with the healthcare team, or be considerate of the staff and other patients.

kwoodring

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

ricroger

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library