This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is working in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). The nurse wants to teach a mother of a ... (Read 49 times)

jjjetplane

A nurse is working in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). The nurse wants to teach a mother of a premature baby how to give her baby a bath. Which statement by the mother reflects a readiness to learn?

A) You'll give us written instructions before we go home, correct?
  B) When my baby is just a little bigger, I'll feel more comfortable giving him a bath.
  C) I want to make sure my husband is here, in case I don't hear everything that's said.
  D) I'm so afraid I'll hurt my baby with all these tubes and wires.

Question 2

A nurse faculty member is speaking to prospective students of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at their educational institution.

Which is a major incentive for students to select a BSN program over an Associate Degree in Nursing (and) program?
  Select all that apply.
  A) Greater autonomy in the practice setting
  B) Liberal arts education
  C) Easier transition to graduate school
  D) Ability to work in critical care areas
  E) Better opportunity for career advancement

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dyrone

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

Readiness to learn is the demonstration of behaviors or cues that reflect a learner's motivation, desire, and ability to learn at a specific time. The client who wants her husband involved is demonstrating motivation and willingness, but also wants support from the spouse. Statements about fear of the situation need to be addressed so the fear will not inhibit the learning process. Wanting to wait until discharge or at least until the baby is older reflects uncertainty and possibly fear and should be addressed before learning can occur.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A, E

The nurse who holds a baccalaureate degree enjoys greater autonomy, responsibility, participation in institutional decision making, and career advancement. RNs, regardless of their education level, can work in critical care areas. There are some programs offering RN to MSN completion studies, but the ease of transition is not the ultimate incentive, which is career advancement. Having a liberal arts education is also a plus, although not as major an incentive for career advancement.

jjjetplane

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Wow, this really help

Laurenleakan

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library