This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse has just been hired as a medical information system (MIS) trainer at a hospital where an ... (Read 59 times)

kamilo84

A nurse has just been hired as a medical information system (MIS) trainer at a hospital where an electronic medical record is being installed. The nurse has been asked to assess the security of the client's medical records.

According to the Security Rule of HIPAA, which recommendations by the nurse will enhance security? Select all that apply.
  A) Assign each staff member a unique username and password.
  B) Install a firewall.
  C) Store computer-generated materials in a locked vault.
  D) Turn monitors away from view when unattended.
  E) Assign each unit unique passwords.

Question 2

The nurse is providing care to a client who is newly diagnosed with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Which statements by the nurse could inhibit the development of a therapeutic communication with this client?

Select all that apply.
  A) I am so happy today I found out that I got accepted into nurse practitioner school, isn't that great?
  B) Well, I guess your homosexual lifestyle finally caught up to you, huh?
  C) One of my cousins has AIDS. It is hard to watch him die.
  D) Tell me your feelings about the diagnosis.
  E) Perhaps you would like to talk about the new medications that you have been prescribed?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jbrasil

Answer to Question 1

Answer: A, B

The Security Rule of HIPAA includes the assignment of individual passwords to each staff member for logging on and off computer files. Firewall installations will also enhance the security of client records. Client information should not be displayed if the terminal is unattended, regardless of which direction the monitor faces; never leave a monitor unattended after logging on. Computer-generated materials should be shredded when no longer needed.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A, B, C

Blocks of attentive listening can inhibit the development of therapeutic communication. Being concerned with oneself, assuming, and identifying are all blocks to attentive listening. The use of open-ended questions and providing general leads in are actions that enhance therapeutic communication.

kamilo84

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Wow, this really help

Chelseyj.hasty

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates's recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

For high blood pressure (hypertension), a new class of drug, called a vasopeptidase blocker (inhibitor), has been developed. It decreases blood pressure by simultaneously dilating the peripheral arteries and increasing the body's loss of salt.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library