This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is instructing a postpartum client on when she can resume her normal exercise regimen of ... (Read 40 times)

Wadzanai

The nurse is instructing a postpartum client on when she can resume her normal exercise regimen of running for exercise most days of the week. Which statement indicates that teaching was effective?

A) I can start my exercise regimen in 2 weeks.
  B) I will not be able to exercise because it is not recommended for breastfeeding women.
  C) I can exercise if I get 8 hours of sleep per day.
  D) I should check my energy level at home and increase exercise slowly.

Question 2

A client recovering from a rape tells the nurse that flashbacks do occur but can be managed. Which techniques should the nurse suggest to the client for managing flashbacks about the event? Select all that apply.

A) Restoring personal choice
  B) Deep breathing
  C) Muscle relaxation
  D) Problem solving
  E) Guided imagery

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

macagn

Answer to Question 1

Answer: D

Checking the energy level and increasing activity slowly is the correct response because when energy returns, activity can be increased. Increasing activity slowly is safer and less likely to cause injury than starting off running long distances. Running might be feasible at 2 weeks, but it will depend upon the client's energy level. Breastfeeding should take place just prior to running to minimize chest discomfort. The inability to run because of breastfeeding is not a true statement; it is more comfortable to nurse prior to running, but running is not contraindicated. The need to have 8 hours of sleep before running is not a true statement; not all clients who get a total of 8 hours of sleep feel rested, because sleep can be interrupted.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: B, C, E

Techniques that the client can use to control flashbacks include muscle relaxation, deep breathing, and guided imagery. Problem solving and restoring personal choice are techniques to support coping behaviors.

Wadzanai

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Wow, this really help

6ana001

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

Vaccines prevent between 2.5 and 4 million deaths every year.

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

There are immediate benefits of chiropractic adjustments that are visible via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It shows that spinal manipulation therapy is effective in decreasing pain and increasing the gaps between the vertebrae, reducing pressure that leads to pain.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library