This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is evaluating the care plan for a client diagnosed with agoraphobia. Which client ... (Read 50 times)

SAVANNAHHOOPER23

The nurse is evaluating the care plan for a client diagnosed with agoraphobia. Which client statement indicates the goals of treatment have been met?

A) I will be able to make it to my outpatient appointments as long as I can find someone to go with me. It is just easier if I ride with someone.
  B) I can't participate in counseling once I get discharged because I hate to leave the house if I don't have to. Other people hate to leave their house for no reason.
  C) It is not going to be easy but I will be making it to my appointments even if I have to leave the house by myself. I have been practicing and deep breathing exercises are helping.
  D) Every time I try to leave the house I panic and I feel like passing out. I just don't know how this is going to get any better.

Question 2

During the assessment, the nurse observes a client who was a victim of a home invasion abruptly stand up and begin to run out of the room in response to hearing a loud bang.

Which should the nurse assume regarding the client's behavior?
  A) The client thought there was an earthquake.
  B) The client was reacting to the loud noise as a form of a flashback.
  C) The client wanted to check the cause for the loud noise.
  D) The client thought the assessment was concluded.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

skipfourms123

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

The client who acknowledges that leaving the home alone is difficult but is committed to keeping appointments, and indicates that deep breathing exercises are helping, is verbalizing healthy ways of responding to the fear. The other statements indicate that the client has not met an appropriate goal in responding to the fear.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: B

Flashbacks are the recurrence of images, sounds, smells, or feelings from a traumatic event that are triggered by daily events such as a door banging. The client's reaction to hearing a loud bang from a door could have made the client recall being at home during the home invasion. The client most likely did not think that the assessment was concluded or that there was an earthquake. The client would not have abruptly begun to run out of the room if checking for the source of the loud noise.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library