This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse enters a client's room to assess an intravenous (IV) infusion because of an alarm on the ... (Read 28 times)

washai

A nurse enters a client's room to assess an intravenous (IV) infusion because of an alarm on the pump that required the nurse's attention.

While assessing the IV infusion, the client is asking the nurse questions regarding religion and the client indicates that he would like to have someone to pray with. Which action taken by the nurse while in the room is an example of transcendent presence?
  A) After entering the room, the nurse focuses her attention on the intravenous infusion and does not acknowledge the client.
  B) The nurse enters the room and answers the client's questions by nodding while taking care of the intravenous infusion.
  C) After entering the room and while taking care of the intravenous infusion, the nurse stops and listens to the client's questions and then offers to call a clergy member.
  D) After entering the room and while taking care of the intravenous infusion, the nurse stops and listens to the client's questions and then offers to pray with the client.

Question 2

A nurse is caring for a client who was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Which statement made by the client would indicate to the nurse that the client is in spiritual distress?

A) I am not sure why this is happening but I believe God has a plan for me.
  B) I wish I did not have cancer but I believe that it is happening for a reason.
  C) I wonder if my children will visit today. They won't even go to church with me anymore and they are having a difficult time dealing with my diagnosis.
  D) People tell me things happen for a reason, but why is God doing this to me?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jazzlynnnnn

Answer to Question 1

Answer: D

While taking care of the IV, the nurse who listens to the client and offers to pray with the client is demonstrating transcendent presence. The nurse is physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually present for the client. The other answers demonstrate presence, partial presence, or full presence, but not transcendent presence.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: D

The statement but why is God doing this to me? is reflective of spiritual distress. The client is not demonstrating being able to find a purpose and is also demonstrating a disconnect between herself and her higher spirit. The other answers do not indicate spiritual distress of the client.

washai

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

bigcheese9

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

For pediatric patients, intravenous fluids are the most commonly cited products involved in medication errors that are reported to the USP.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library