This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is evaluating medication teaching for a client who recently started taking fluoxetine ... (Read 37 times)

bb

The nurse is evaluating medication teaching for a client who recently started taking fluoxetine (Prozac) for anxiety. Which statement by the client indicates appropriate understanding of the information presented?

A) My medication will take 1 week to become effective.
  B) My medication will take 4 weeks to become effective.
  C) My medication will become effective immediately after I start taking it.
  D) My medication will not begin to work for 12 weeks.

Question 2

Which nursing intervention minimizes the stress and anxiety of hospitalization for a client?

A) Explain all procedures in detail before performing them.
  B) Control the environment of healing.
  C) Demonstrate staff competence by using multiple nurses for care.
  D) Let the client make the majority of decisions about the plan of care.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

macagn

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B

Fluoxetine (Prozac) is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). Typically, this classification of medications takes 4 weeks to demonstrate a therapeutic response and up to 8-12 weeks to see a full response to the drug.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: B

The nurse is in charge of the environment of healing and should take responsibility for limiting noise, dimming lights at night, using minimal numbers of nurses to care for one client, and keeping the area clean and comfortable. Explaining all procedures in detail may overwhelm the client. Using short, clear sentences and explaining only enough to satisfy the client is a better plan. A client who is ill cannot be expected to make the majority of decisions about the plan of care, but should be allowed as much autonomy and choice as can be arranged and tolerated.

bb

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

atrochim

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

It is important to read food labels and choose foods with low cholesterol and saturated trans fat. You should limit saturated fat to no higher than 6% of daily calories.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library