This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The novice nurse accepts a job working on a long-term care unit. Nursing care that is required ... (Read 109 times)

vHAUNG6011

The novice nurse accepts a job working on a long-term care unit. Nursing care that is required includes caring for clients at the end of life.

Which behavior by the nurse indicates a healthy response to the dying client and family?
  A) Paying close attention to details regarding the pain and comfort measures for the client
  B) Delegating physical care of the client to the LPN and UAP
  C) Remaining out of the room at the moment of death to allow the client and family privacy
  D) Providing client care without explaining procedures

Question 2

During a routine physical examination, a client tells the nurse, I don't know what to do anymore since my husband died and left me alone. Which is the priority nursing diagnosis for this client?

A) Helplessness
  B) Anxiety
  C) Imbalanced Nutrition
  D) Overload Stress

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

pami445

Answer to Question 1

Answer: A

The nurse who pays attention to the care of the dying client has most likely dealt with personal feelings and fears regarding death. The nurse in the other options demonstrates a fear of and discomfort with the process of dying.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

The client states that she does not know what to do since her spouse died. This information would support the diagnosis of Helplessness. The client may or may not be anxious or stressed. There is not enough information to determine whether the client is or is not experiencing imbalanced nutrition.

vHAUNG6011

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

yeungji

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Illicit drug use costs the United States approximately $181 billion every year.

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library