This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse provides postoperative teaching to a client recovering from cataract removal surgery. ... (Read 44 times)

RODY.ELKHALIL

The nurse provides postoperative teaching to a client recovering from cataract removal surgery. Which client statement indicates that preoperative teaching has been effective?

A) I will be hospitalized for several days recovering from this surgery.
  B) I will need to return to activity as soon as possible.
  C) I will use the eye drops if I have eye pain
  D) I will notify the doctor if I have itching or redness of the eye after the surgery.

Question 2

A client has been diagnosed with cataracts of both eyes. Which prescription does the nurse anticipate for this client?

A) Corrective lenses for the cataracts
  B) Two procedures, separated by a few weeks, to remove the cataracts
  C) One procedure to remove both cataracts at the same time
  D) Eye drops to treat the cataracts

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ong527

Answer to Question 1

Answer: D

The client should be instructed to notify the physician with itchiness or redness of the operative eye after the surgery. The client will not return to activity as soon as possible. The eye drops should be used as prescribed. Cataract surgery is not considered major surgery but rather out-client surgery that does not necessitate a hospitalization.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: B

Surgery is the only treatment for cataracts. The client will have one cataract removed, and then, in a few weeks, the other cataract will be removed. Cataracts cannot be treated with eye drops or corrective lenses.

RODY.ELKHALIL

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

meow1234

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

The heart is located in the center of the chest, with part of it tipped slightly so that it taps against the left side of the chest.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library