This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is providing discharge teaching to a client recovering from pneumonia. Which client ... (Read 56 times)

cabate

The nurse is providing discharge teaching to a client recovering from pneumonia. Which client statement indicates that additional teaching is needed?

A) I can't get the influenza vaccine due to my allergy to eggs.
  B) I will get the influenza vaccine every year.
  C) I will get the pneumococcal vaccine every fall.
  D) I will get the pneumococcal vaccine as soon as I recover from this pneumonia.

Question 2

A client is admitted to the intensive care unit with a systemic infection. Which manifestations will the nurse most likely assess in this client?

Select all that apply.
  A) Tachycardia
  B) Pain
  C) Edema
  D) Anorexia
  E) Fever

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

vickyvicksss

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

Influenza vaccine is administered annually to healthy individuals and should not be given to those with an allergy to eggs. The pneumococcal vaccine is administered once. Revaccination is only recommended in persons with renal failure, those who have had splenectomies, those with malignancies, and those with HIV/AIDS.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A, D, E

Fever, tachycardia, and anorexia are the most common symptoms of a systemic infection. Edema and pain are symptoms of a local infection.

cabate

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

kilada

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

There are actually 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, and three essential fatty acids that your body needs every day.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library