This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a client in an allergy clinic. After completing the client history, the ... (Read 79 times)

ericka1

The nurse is caring for a client in an allergy clinic. After completing the client history, the nurse selects the nursing diagnosis of Risk for Shock. Which item in the client's history supports the need for this nursing diagnosis?

A) Anaphylactic reaction to shellfish
  B) A drug reaction to penicillin causing a rash
  C) Glomerulonephritis
  D) Dermatitis resulting from a response to changing laundry detergent

Question 2

The nurse is planning care for a client with conjunctivitis. Which client statement supports the nursing diagnosis of Risk for Altered Vision?

A) I have had this infection for 3 days.
  B) My mother is blind from retinopathy.
  C) This is the fourth eye infection I have had in the last 6 months.
  D) I think I caught the infection from my child.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Fayaz00962

Answer to Question 1

Answer: A

Type I hypersensitivities, such as anaphylactic reactions, occur immediately and may be life-threatening. Because the client has a history of this type of reaction, Risk for Shock is an appropriate nursing diagnosis. The other items would not necessitate the need for this nursing diagnosis.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: C

The concern for this client is the repeated infections that could be a chronic form of conjunctivitis that causes eventual blindness. Having the infection for 3 days is concerning but not as much as the potentially chronic form of the disease. Many adults catch pink eye from a child, but that is not usually the form that causes blindness. The client's mother has blindness from a source other than conjunctivitis.

ericka1

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

Dinolord

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library