This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is preparing to teach a class on the prevention of constipation. Which food choice with ... (Read 117 times)

olgavictoria

The nurse is preparing to teach a class on the prevention of constipation. Which food choice with the nurse include as an example of a high-fiber food?

A) Raw fruits
  B) Cooked vegetables
  C) White bread
  D) Cooked fruits

Question 2

The home health nurse is providing care to a client with a history of constipation. The healthcare provider prescribed psyllium mucilloid (Metamucil) for the client.

After providing medication teaching for this client, which statement indicate the need for further education?
  A) This medication is a lot more natural than other laxatives.
  B) I may be able to stop my Lipitor with this medication.
  C) This medication takes several days to work.
  D) I don't need to drink extra fluids while I take this medication.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

triiciiaa

Answer to Question 1

Answer: A

Foods high in fiber include raw fruits, bran products, and whole grain products. Low-fiber foods would include cooked fruits, cooked vegetables, and white bread.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: D

Fluids must be increased when clients use psyllium mucilloid (Metamucil). Psyllium mucilloid (Metamucil) takes several days to work, may help to reduce cholesterol levels, and is more natural than other laxatives.

olgavictoria

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Wow, this really help

miss.ashley

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library