This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An older adult client recovering from prostate surgery is waking up frequently during the night. ... (Read 41 times)

evelyn o bentley

An older adult client recovering from prostate surgery is waking up frequently during the night. Which client statement supports the nursing diagnosis Disturbed Sleep Pattern?

A) The pain in my hips is unbearable at times.
  B) I walk for half an hour after I eat breakfast.
  C) I take my Zoloft as soon as I get up in the morning.
  D) I have one cup of regular coffee in the morning.

Question 2

During a routine physical examination of a client's lungs, the nurse notes a small, fleshy bump on the client's upper chest. What should the nurse suspect as the cause of this finding on the client's skin?

A) Squamous cell carcinoma
  B) Basal cell carcinoma
  C) Actinic keratosis
  D) Malignant melanoma

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dominiqueenicolee

Answer to Question 1

Answer: A

Physical discomfort or pain, especially from osteoarthritis and focused in the hips, often disrupts the sleep of older persons. The client is taking his prescribed antidepressant medication Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride) appropriately because it has a stimulant effect and should be taken in the morning. A short walk in the morning is an appropriate type and timed exercise. Caffeine intake of one morning cup of coffee should have little interference with sleeping during the night.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: B

Basal cell carcinoma often presents as a small, fleshy bump. Squamous cell carcinoma most often appears as a flesh-colored, erythematous, indurated scaly plaque. Malignant melanoma manifests as black, brown, or multicolored nodules or plaques. Actinic keratosis is a precancerous condition. The lesion appears as a sore, rough, scaly plaque.

evelyn o bentley

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

pratush dev

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library