Author Question: The nurse is noting a pain medication order for the client. The medication is ordered to be given ... (Read 150 times)

jace

The nurse is noting a pain medication order for the client. The medication is ordered to be given intravenously.

When instructing the client about the rate of absorption, the nurse makes sure that the client understands how this drug will affect him or her. Which statement by the client indicates an appropriate understanding of the information presented?

1. I will be able to take a bath after the medication is given.
  2. Since the medication is going to be given IV, it will take effect rapidly.
  3. I will be able to take a walk with my family.
  4. My doctor told me that the medication would burn when being administered.

Question 2

Which routes of medication administration are considered parenteral? Select all that apply.

1. Subcutaneous
  2. Inhalation
  3. Epidural
  4. Intradermal
  5. Transdermal

bhavsar

Answer to Question 1

Awesome job my friend

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1,3,4

Medication routes that are considered parenteral include subcutaneous, epidural, and intradermal. Inhalation and transdermal are not considered parenteral routes of medication administration.