This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is explaining to the student nurses the different heart sounds that are assessed during ... (Read 32 times)

mmm

The nurse is explaining to the student nurses the different heart sounds that are assessed during the cardiac assessment. Which statement made by a student indicates understanding of the expected normal heart sounds?

1. If I hear the S1 as lub and S2 as dub, then that is normal and means that the valves are working.
  2.  If I hear a 'lub-dub-ee' it means the client has a ventricular gallop.
  3. If I hear 'dee-lub-dub' then the client may have an atrial gallop. This occurs near the very end of diastole just before S1 and creates the sound.
  4. If I hear the 'dee-lub-dub' sound in an older adult, then I should know that is considered normal for the older client.

Question 2

The nurse is explaining to the client the need to do a more detailed assessment. This type of assessment involves obtaining which type of information?

1. Information regarding the client's overall assessment
  2. Information of a specific medical condition
  3. Information specific to the client's current condition
  4. Information regarding past medical history

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ecabral0

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1

When the AV valves close the S1 occurs and is the lub, and when the semilunar valve closes the S2 occurs as the dub; this indicates normal heart sounds. The other statements indicate abnormal heart sounds.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3

Information specific to the client's current condition is a detailed assessment. Information regarding the client's overall assessment would be a head-to-toe assessment and is a basic assessment. Information of a specific medical condition is a focused assessment, which pertains to only one specific system. Information regarding past medical history is data that is gathered as part of a head-to-toe assessment.

mmm

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

alvinum

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms of a drug overdose include losing consciousness, fever or sweating, breathing problems, abnormal pulse, and changes in skin color.

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library