Author Question: The hospitalized client's healthcare provider writes an order for the client to receive 1,000 ... (Read 55 times)

dalyningkenk

The hospitalized client's healthcare provider writes an order for the client to receive 1,000 milliliters (mL) of normal saline over 7 hours.

How many mL/hour should the nurse set the IV pump for?
  _____ mL/hr.
  Round the answer to the nearest whole number.

Question 2

The nurse assesses the hospitalized client and prepares to document the findings using APIE in the medical record. Rank the following findings in the proper order of documentation. Select the correct choice from the list.

1. The client states upon admission, I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can't see out of my left eye and I can't stand up by myself.
  2. The client is unable to move from the bed to the chair without the assistance of two nurses. The client is unable to eat without assistance.
  3. The healthcare provider writes an order for the nurse to administer heparin.
  4. On the morning of the client's discharge from the hospital, the client has been able to ambulate 50 feet with a walker.

lgoldst9

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 143 mL/hr
1,000 milliliters divided by 7 hours is 142.85714 milliliters per hour. When rounded to the nearest whole number, the answer is 143 milliliters per hour.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 2, 1, 3, 4
The letters APIE refer to Assessment, Problem, Intervention, and Evaluation. When using this method, documentation of assessment includes combining the subjective and objective data. The nurse will draw conclusions from the data, identify and record the problem or problems, and plan to address these problems. Interventions are documented as they are carried out. Evaluation refers to documentation of the response to the plan.