Author Question: The nurse is interviewing an older adult female client. Which statement made by the client would ... (Read 65 times)

nautica902

The nurse is interviewing an older adult female client. Which statement made by the client would warrant intervention by the nurse?

1. I use a lubricant for sex to help with dryness.
  2. I take hormone pills to help with my hot flashes.
  3. My periods stopped for 5 years, but recently restarted.
  4. I don't have a desire for sex very often, but neither does my husband.

Question 2

The nurse is examining the external genitalia of a female client and notes draining papules. Based on this data, which condition does the nurse suspect?

1. Genital warts.
  2. Herpes infection.
  3. Syphilitic lesion.
  4. Contact dermatitis.

Chou

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3
Women may assume that postmenopausal bleeding is normal and ignore it, but this may be suggestive of inadequate estrogen therapy or endometrial cancer, and follow-up is required. The use of estrogen replacement therapy can alleviate symptoms related to night sweats, hot flashes, and mood changes. The use of lubrication for sexual intimacy is normal due to vaginal dryness, although libido may be diminished in both the male and female.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3
Syphilitic lesions are painless papules that may begin to produce drainage. Genital warts produce cauliflower-like lesions. Herpes infection produces red, painful vesicles with localized swelling. Contact dermatitis produces red, weepy rashes.