This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is providing education on menopause to a group of female clients. Which statement from a ... (Read 40 times)

HCHenry

The nurse is providing education on menopause to a group of female clients. Which statement from a client after the presentation indicates understanding of the information presented? Select all that apply.

1. My periods may be irregular and less frequent.
  2. Night sweats and hot flashes are commonly experienced.
  3. My mood changes are a normal part of menopause.
  4. Vaginal dryness may occur during menopause.
  5. My clitoris will become enlarged.

Question 2

The nurse is interviewing a female client who reports a grayish discharge with a fishy odor. Based on this data, which condition does the nurse suspect?

1. Bacterial vaginosis.
  2. Chlamydia.
  3. Genital warts.
  4. Gonorrhea.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

heinisk01

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2, 3, 4
Menopause is said to have occurred when the female has not experienced a period in over one year. As estrogen levels decline, symptoms include night sweats, hot flashes, mood changes, and vaginal dryness, but if menstruation is still occurring, menopause is not complete. The clitoris often shrinks during menopause, it does not become larger.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Bacterial vaginosis presents with a creamy-gray to white discharge that has a fishy odor. A yellow discharge can be seen in chlamydial infection. Genital warts are raised, moist, cauliflower-shaped papules. Green discharge that has a foul smell is associated with gonorrhea.

HCHenry

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

31809pancho

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library