Author Question: The nurse is completing discharge instructions for a client admitted with esophagitis. Which client ... (Read 90 times)

jCorn1234

The nurse is completing discharge instructions for a client admitted with esophagitis. Which client statements indicate the need for further education? Select all that apply.

1. I'm going to talk to my doctor about a nicotine patch.
  2. I can do all of this stuff you're talking about as long as I don't have to give up my beer.
  3. I have been eating foods and drinks that were either too hot or too cold for my esophagus to handle.
  4. The root of this problem is that I just sleep too much.
  5. I told my wife to stop making serving me all of those vegetables.

Question 2

The nurse is palpating the left upper quadrant of a client's abdomen. Which organs may be assessed during this portion of the assessment? Select all that apply.

1. Liver.
  2. Gallbladder.
  3. Appendix.
  4. Spleen.
  5. Stomach.

raenoj

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2, 4, 5
Alcohol can exacerbate and is an established risk factor for the development of esophagitis. Sleeping too much is not associated with the development of esophagitis. Eating vegetables is not associated with the development of esophagitis. Smoking cigarettes is associated with an increased risk for developing esophagitis. Eating foods that are either too hot or too cold can be irritating to the tissue and can result in esophagitis.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4, 5
The spleen and stomach are located in the left upper quadrant. The liver and gallbladder are located in the right upper quadrant. The appendix is located in the right lower quadrant.