This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is asking a client questions regarding lifestyle patterns. Which statement by the client ... (Read 42 times)

Melani1276

The nurse is asking a client questions regarding lifestyle patterns. Which statement by the client would alert the nurse to possible risk for breast cancer?

1. I work in a chemical factory.
  2. I drink two glasses of wine each night.
  3. I have smoked two packs of cigarettes daily for four years.
  4. I occasionally have unprotected sexual contact with unknown partners.

Question 2

The nurse is teaching self-breast examination to a client and demonstrates inspecting the breasts with arms over the head. The client asks the nurse why this is necessary. Which response by the nurse is the most appropriate?

1. It allows any masses to bulge forward to be seen.
  2. This is the only position to detect Paget's disease.
  3. This is the best position to look for skin dimpling.
  4. It is the only way to look for nipple retraction.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Cnarkel

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2
Research indicates that a high-fat diet may increase a woman's risk of developing breast cancer as well as alcohol intake in excess of nine drinks per week. Exposure to chemicals and cigarette smoke would place the client at risk for developing lung-related cancers or disease, and unprotected sexual contact increases risk for STDs, HIV, as well as cervical cancer.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3
Dimpling of the skin over a mass is usually a visible sign of breast cancer. Dimpling is accentuated with the client's arms over the head. Paget's disease is a rare type of breast cancer typified by a red, scaly, eczema-like area over the nipple and, like nipple retraction, does not have to be visualized with the arms over the head. Masses are rarely visible with inspection.

Melani1276

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

AmberC1996

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library