Author Question: The nurse is performing an assessment on a young adult client who is experiencing chronic back pain. ... (Read 55 times)

Kikoku

The nurse is performing an assessment on a young adult client who is experiencing chronic back pain. During the assessment, which findings does the nurse anticipate?

Select all that apply.
  1. Increased pulse rate.
  2. Increased respiratory rate.
  3. Normal pulse rate.
  4. Normal blood pressure.
  5. Diaphoresis.

Question 2

A recently licensed nurse states, My client keeps saying he is in pain. I don't believe him because I had the same surgery last year and didn't feel nearly as bad as he claims. Which response by the more experienced nurse is most appropriate?

1. It sounds as if your client is a drug seeker.
  2. You should contact the healthcare provider.
  3. I would call the nursing supervisor for this one.
  4. Pain differs from person to person.

jrpg123456

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3, 4

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4
Pain has been defined as whatever the experiencing person says it is, existing whenever he or she says it does. Pain reports will vary between people. There is no evidence that this client is drug seeking. Contact with the healthcare provider or nursing supervisor is premature at this time.