Author Question: During the course of a health history the nurse would like to review a client's medications. Which ... (Read 21 times)

jho37

During the course of a health history the nurse would like to review a client's medications. Which question is most important to ask when gathering the medication history?

1. Can you tell me how much the co-pay is for your medications?
  2. Do you carry health insurance?
  3. Can you tell me about any over-the-counter or prescription medications that you take?
  4. Where do you store your medications in your home?

Question 2

The nurse is interviewing an older African American client and determines that a teaching plan should be implemented. Based on the client's race, which statement by the client may prompt the nurse to plan develop a teaching plan?

1. My hands and feet are always cold.
  2. I do not take calcium replacements.
  3. My blood pressure is high most of the time.
  4. I'm worried that my bones may be weak.

triiciiaa

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3
The nurse should gather information about medications that the client is currently using. The nurse should request information about all prescribed and over-the-counter medications that the client takes. The use of home remedies, folk remedies, herbs, teas, vitamins, dietary supplements, or other substances should also be listed. The medication history does not include the client's co-pay amount, if the client has a prescription

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3

African Americans have a higher incidence of hypertension and hypertension-related kidney failure than Caucasians. Caucasians have a greater risk for peripheral arterial disease than African Americans. The client with cold hands and feet may have peripheral arterial disease. Osteoporosis risk is greater for Asians and Caucasians than for African Americans. African Americans typically have higher bone densities than Caucasians and Asians