This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: While conducting the client's health history, the nurse makes little eye contact with the client and ... (Read 47 times)

mikaylakyoung

While conducting the client's health history, the nurse makes little eye contact with the client and focuses intently upon the computer while documenting the client's information.

The nurse faces the computer with legs crossed. Which behavior is this nurse exhibiting?
  1. A lack of empathy.
  2. A lack of genuineness.
  3. A lack of concreteness.
  4. A lack of positive regard.

Question 2

The nurse is preparing to conduct an initial client interview. Rank the nursing statements in the order in which they would most likely occur.

Response 1. We're almost done; do you have any questions for me?
  Response 2. May I call you Anne?
  Response 3. When you said you had been having trouble with your belly, what did you mean?
  Response 4. So, can you tell me about what's been going on with your health?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Tabitha_2016

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2

Genuineness is the ability to present oneself honestly and spontaneously. This nurse is demonstrating a lack of genuineness. The nurse should use direct eye contact, facial expressions appropriate to the situation, and open body language. Facing the client, leaning forward during conversation, and sitting with arms and legs uncrossed are examples of open body language. Empathy is the capacity to respond to another's feelings and experiences as if they were your own. To a lesser extent, the nurse is displaying a lack of empathy by not communicating well with the client. Concreteness means speaking to the client in specific terms instead of vague generalities. The nurse isn't necessarily providing vague information for the client. Positive regard is the ability to appreciate and respect another person's worth and dignity with a nonjudgmental attitude. There is nothing in this scenario to suggest that the nurse is demonstrating a lack of positive regard.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 2, 4, 3, 1
The nurse should greet the client and ask if it is all right to call the client by her first name. The nurse should initially generalized open-ended questions about the client's health status. The nurse should ask questions to clarify information given by the client during the interview. The nurse should then close the interview by allowing the client to ask questions.

mikaylakyoung

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Wow, this really help

carojassy25

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library