This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is admitted to the psychiatric unit with complaints consistent with an anxiety disorder. ... (Read 51 times)

Medesa

A client is admitted to the psychiatric unit with complaints consistent with an anxiety disorder. During the assessment the nurse learns a client has a history of asthma and arthritis. Based on this information, which action is the priority for the nurse?

1. Beginning the respiratory assessment
  2. Beginning the musculoskeletal status assessment
  3. Beginning the medication assessment
  4. Beginning the psychosocial assessment

Question 2

The nurse is concerned that a client is having a problem with self-concept. Which statement by the client supports the nurse's concern?

1. I never have any fun.
  2. I am the oldest in the family.
  3. I think I'm pretty much outgoing.
  4. At times I like to be alone.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Ksh22

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 4

The client in the question is being admitted for concerns related to an anxiety disorder. The admitting issues take priority in the collection of data. Some physical problems have associated or underlying psychosocial problems. Examples of these physical problems include arthritis and asthma. The nurse should spend time on the psychosocial assessment with this client. There is no indication the client is currently experiencing respiratory compromise so the assessment of this system is not an immediate concern. Although the patient has a history of arthritis there is no indication that the client is experiencing immediate concerns related to the musculoskeletal system. A review of the client's current medications will be included in the admission assessment but are not immediate.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
There are a variety of questions that can be asked to assess a client's self-concept. The client's response provides information to the nurse about problems or concerns with this characteristic. Clients who are unable to explain a social life or who do not have any fun may be depressed or out of touch with reality. Birth order in the family is not implicated in the client. An outgoing client is not at high risk for problems with self-concept. Occasional desire to be alone does not indicate a problem with self-concept.

Medesa

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

marict

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library