This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The adult caregiver of an older adult client states, When my mother takes ill, you can predict I'll ... (Read 34 times)

lunatika

The adult caregiver of an older adult client states, When my mother takes ill, you can predict I'll be sick in about 6 weeks. What does this statement from the adult caregiver indicate?

1. The client has a communicable disease.
  2. The caregiver has uncared for health problems.
  3. The caregiver is more ill than the client.
  4. The caregiver is experiencing emotional stress.

Question 2

A client tells the nurse, I want to make sure my children have every possible opportunity to complete their education. The nurse realizes this client's philosophy on education will influence which aspect of the children's health?

1. Attempt to meet immediate needs.
  2. Help to elevate self-esteem.
  3. Ongoing family disturbances.
  4. Can lead to mental illness.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jevvish

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 4

Emotional health affects health in several ways. Stress affects the immune system, leading to increased susceptibility to infections. During periods of stress or change, the individual is less likely to adhere to positive health behaviors. There is no indication the caregiver has an underlying health problem such as a communicable disease, uncared for health problems, or is more ill than the client.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 2

The higher the income, the more likely that individuals and families will achieve higher levels of education. The advantage contributes to the feelings of high self-worth and high self-esteem. In lower socioeconomic groups, energies are spent in attempts to achieve more immediate needs. This focus promotes a concern on those present issues, resulting in less health promotion and future focused goals. Family disturbances and mental illness are seen in lower socioeconomic groups.

lunatika

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

bimper21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

The human body produces and destroys 15 million blood cells every second.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library