This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: While conducting a health history, a client states, I am healthy, I don't know why I have to be here ... (Read 25 times)

aabwk4

While conducting a health history, a client states, I am healthy, I don't know why I have to be here to get a check-up.

However, the client reports, type 2 diabetes mellitus and an unhealed ulcer on the left foot. Based on this information, which statement by the nurse is the most appropriate?
  1. I feel that you are in denial about your health status.
  2. Tell me about your definition of being healthy.
  3. Do you understand what diabetes is?
  4. Is there anything else you are not telling me?

Question 2

The nurse is assessing the abilities of an older adult. Which activities are considered IADLs? Select all that apply.

a. Feeding oneself
  b. Preparing a meal
  c. Balancing a checkbook
  d. Walking
  e. Toileting
  f.
  Grocery shopping

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tranoy

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2
A client will have his or her own definition of health, illness, and wellness. The individual's concept of health and wellness is influenced by many factors, including age, gender, race, family, culture, religion, socioeconomic conditions, environment, previous experiences, and self-expectations. More information would be needed before the nurse could attribute the client's viewpoint as denial or lack of knowledge. The client's history of type 2 diabetes is a valid area requiring further investigation but the nurse must first ascertain the client's definition of healthy. There is also not enough information to determine the client's withholding of information to the nurse.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B, C, F
Typically, IADL tasks include shopping, meal preparation, housekeeping, laundry, managing finances, taking medications, and using transportation. The other options listed are ADLs related to self-care.

aabwk4

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

elyse44

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library