Author Question: What are the appropriation committees and why are they important...? (Read 1017 times)

formula1

And this isn't my homework. I am actually finished with this class and am curious to know about the general public?s knowledge of its own government. I do plan to show my teacher the answers you've all given after the questions have been resolved.

Millan

"love"
one word
its feat at appropriation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

penguins

The appropriation committees, or more correctly misappropriation commie-ties, are a means of convincing rather stupid people that there are well meaning and insightful personages working at some level in US Government @ some level.

What Propagandists will say is that when funds are misappropriated for a stupid project such as Ron Reagan's collapsible highway ~ the one that squished so very many people ~ there are "intelligences beyond the scope of children with tinker toys" at work and that these people diligently look for the best ways to build and fund projects needed for the prosperous survival of our nation.

In reality, they stuff wads of cash into business suits.

And pretend to be up to working sloshed... then they go "neo-party" ~ all night long, again.

hummingbird

Article 1, Section 9, Clause 7 U.S. Constitution"No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time"

Most bills passed by Congress require funding (appropriations). Also, there are ongoing federal programs already in place that require annual funding. About 40% of new funding, and most ongoing programs go through a process which begins in the House and Senate Appropriations Committee in accordance with the various government budget committees and offices.

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library