Author Question: During the examination of a patient, the nurse notices that the patient has several small, flat ... (Read 31 times)

stock

During the examination of a patient, the nurse notices that the patient has several small, flat macules on the posterior portion of her thorax. These macules are less than 1 cm wide. Another name for these macules is:

a. Warts.
  b. Bullae.
  c. Freckles.
  d. Papules.

Question 2

A patient tells the nurse, Sometimes I wake up at night and I have real trouble breathing. I have to sit up in bed to get a good breath. When documenting this information, the nurse would note:

a. Orthopnea.
  b. Acute emphysema. c.
  Paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnea. d.
  Acute shortness of breath episode.

enass

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
A macule is solely a lesion with color change, flat and circumscribed, less than 1 cm. Macules are also known as freckles

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnea occurs when the patient awakens from sleep with shortness of breath and needs to be upright to achieve comfort