This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements is true regarding the internal structures of the breast? The ... (Read 20 times)

stephzh

Which of the following statements is true regarding the internal structures of the breast? The breast is made up of:

a. Primarily muscle with very little fibrous tissue.
  b. Fibrous, glandular, and adipose tissues.
  c. Primarily milk ducts, known as lactiferous ducts.
  d. Glandular tissue, which supports the breast by attaching to the chest wall.

Question 2

During an assessment, a patient mentions that I just can't smell like I used to. I can barely smell the roses in my garden. Why is that? For which possible causes of changes in the sense of smell will the nurse assess? Select all that apply.

a. Chronic alcohol use
  b. Cigarette smoking
  c. Frequent episodes of strep throat
  d. Chronic allergies
  e. Aging
  f.
  Herpes simplex virus I

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

marict

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
The breast is made up of glandular, fibrous (including the suspensory ligaments), and adipose tissues.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B, D, E
Sen
The sense of smell diminishes with cigarette smoking, chronic allergies, and aging. Chronic alcohol use, a history of strep throat, and herpes simplex virus I are not associated with changes in the sense of smell.

marict

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

Walt Disney helped combat malaria by making an animated film in 1943 called The Winged Scourge. This short film starred the seven dwarfs and taught children that mosquitos transmit malaria, which is a very bad disease. It advocated the killing of mosquitos to stop the disease.

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library