This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During an interview, a woman has answered yes to two of the Abuse Assessment Screen questions. What ... (Read 24 times)

K@

During an interview, a woman has answered yes to two of the Abuse Assessment Screen questions. What should the nurse say next?

a. I need to report this abuse to the authorities.
  b. Tell me about this abuse in your relationship.
  c. So you were abused?
  d. Do you know what caused this abuse?

Question 2

The nurse suspects abuse when a 10-year-old child is taken to the urgent care center for a leg injury. The best way to document the history and physical findings is to:

a. Document what the child's caregiver tells the nurse.
  b. Use the words the child has said to describe how the injury occurred.
  c. Record what the nurse observes during the conversation.
  d. Rely on photographs of the injuries.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

succesfull

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
If a woman answers yes to any of the Abuse Assessment Screen questions, then the nurse should ask questions designed to assess how recent and how serious the abuse was. Asking the woman an open-ended question, such as tell me about this abuse in your relationship is a good way to start.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
When documenting the history and physical findings of suspected child abuse and neglect, use the words the child has said to describe how his or her injury occurred. Remember, the abuser may be accompanying the child.

K@

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

parshano

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library