This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of these responses might the nurse expect during a functional assessment of a patient whose ... (Read 43 times)

Caiter2013

Which of these responses might the nurse expect during a functional assessment of a patient whose leg is in a cast?

a. I broke my right leg in a car accident 2 weeks ago.
  b. The pain is decreasing, but I still need to take acetaminophen.
  c. I check the color of my toes every evening just like I was taught.
  d. I'm able to transfer myself from the wheelchair to the bed without help.

Question 2

The nurse is obtaining a history from a 30-year-old male patient and is concerned about health promotion activities. Which of these questions would be appropriate to use to assess health promotion activities for this patient?

a. Do you perform testicular self-examinations?
  b. Have you ever noticed any pain in your testicles?
  c. Have you had any problems with passing urine?
  d. Do you have any history of sexually transmitted diseases?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Tonny

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Functional assessment measures a person's self-care ability in the areas of general physical health or absence of illness. The other statements concern health or illness issues.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Health promotion for a man would include the performance of testicular self-examinations. The other questions are asking about possible disease or illness issues.

Caiter2013

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

komodo7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library