This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is teaching a client who is taking an oral antibiotic for treatment of a sexually ... (Read 69 times)

jho37

The nurse is teaching a client who is taking an oral antibiotic for treatment of a sexually transmitted disease (STD). Which statements by the client indicate a correct understanding of the treatment? (Select all that apply.)

a. I need to drink at least 8 glasses of fluid each day with my antibiotic.
  b. I should read the instructions to see if I can take the medication with food.
  c. Antacids should not interfere with the effectiveness of the antibiotic.
  d. I need to wait 7 days after the last dose of the antibiotic to engage in intercourse.
  e. It should not matter if I skip a couple of doses of the antibiotic.

Question 2

A primary care clinic sees some clients with sexually transmitted diseases. Which clients would the nurse be required to report to the local authority in every state, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention? (Select all that apply.)

a. Client with Chlamydia
  b. Woman with gonorrhea
  c. Man with syphilis
  d. Client with human immune deficiency virus
  e. Female with pelvic inflammatory disease

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

strudel15

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A, B, D
When a client is being treated with an oral antibiotic for an STD, 8 to 10 glasses of fluid should be routine, medication instructions should be reviewed, and at least a week break should occur between the last dose of the antibiotic and sexual intercourse to allow for the medication's full effects. Use of antacids and missing doses could decrease the effectiveness of the antibiotic.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A, B, C, D
Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, chancroid, human immune deficiency virus (HIV), and acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) are all reportable to local authorities in every state. Pelvic inflammatory disease does not need to be reported.

jho37

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
:D TYSM

daiying98

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library