This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is examining a woman's breast and notes multiple small mobile lumps. Which question would ... (Read 115 times)

stephzh

The nurse is examining a woman's breast and notes multiple small mobile lumps. Which question would be the most appropriate for the nurse to ask?

a. When was your last mammogram at the clinic?
  b. How many cans of caffeinated soda do you drink in a day?
  c. Do the small lumps seem to change with your menstrual period?
  d. Do you have a first-degree relative who has breast cancer?

Question 2

The nurse is teaching a 45-year-old woman about her fibrocystic breast condition. Which statement by the client indicates a lack of understanding?

a. This condition will become malignant over time.
  b. I should refrain from using hormone replacement therapy.
  c. One cup of coffee in the morning should be enough for me.
  d. This condition makes it more difficult to examine my breasts.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

wtf444

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The most appropriate question would be one that relates to benign lesions that usually change in response to hormonal changes within a menstrual cycle. Reduction of caffeine in the diet has been shown to give relief in fibrocystic breast conditions, but research has not found that it has a significant impact. Questions related to the client's last mammogram or breast cancer history are not related to the nurse's assessment.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Fibrocystic breast condition does not increase a woman's chance of developing breast cancer. Hormone replacement therapy is not indicated since the additional estrogen may aggravate the condition. Limiting caffeine intake may give relief for tender breasts. The fibrocystic changes to the breasts make it more difficult to examine the breasts because of fibrotic changes and lumps.

stephzh

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

jackie

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library