Author Question: The nurse is reviewing discharge plans with a client who is recovering from a cervical biopsy. Which ... (Read 107 times)

magmichele12

The nurse is reviewing discharge plans with a client who is recovering from a cervical biopsy. Which statements indicate good understanding by the client? (Select all that apply.)

a. I can return to work this afternoon.
  b. There should be no problem lifting my 2-year-old toddler when I get home.
  c. I cannot douche until the biopsy site is healed.
  d. I need to wait for about 2 weeks to have intercourse with my husband.
  e. If I have some bleeding, I can use a regular tampon this evening.

Question 2

The nurse is assessing a client for reproductive health problems. What would be the priority assessments? (Select all that apply.)

a. Bleeding
  b. Pain
  c. Sexual orientation
  d. Masses
  e. Discharge

kkenney

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C, D
The client should not douche, have intercourse, or use tampons until the biopsy site is healed. The client should rest for 24 hours after the procedure and should not lift heavy objects.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A, B, D, E
Bleeding, pain, masses, and discharge are common health problems that bring a client to a health care provider. Sexual orientation is not considered a health problem. Sexual activity should be assessed as part of the client's history.