This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse obtains the health history of a client with a suspected diagnosis of bladder cancer. Which ... (Read 54 times)

piesebel

A nurse obtains the health history of a client with a suspected diagnosis of bladder cancer. Which question should the nurse ask when determining this client's risk factors?

a. Do you smoke cigarettes?
  b. Do you use any alcohol?
  c. Do you use recreational drugs?
  d. Do you take any prescription drugs?

Question 2

A nurse cares for a client who is scheduled for the surgical creation of an ileal conduit. The client states, I am anxious about having an ileal conduit. What is it like to have this drainage tube? How should the nurse respond?

a. I will ask the provider to prescribe you an antianxiety medication.
  b. Would you like to discuss the procedure with your doctor once more?
  c. I think it would be nice to not have to worry about finding a bathroom.
  d. Would you like to speak with someone who has an ileal conduit?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

amy.lauersdorf90

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Smoking is known to be a factor that greatly increases the risk of bladder cancer. Alcohol use, recreational drug use, and prescription drug use (except medications that contain phenacetin) are not known to increase the risk of developing bladder cancer.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The goal for the client who is scheduled to undergo a procedure such as an ileal conduit is to have a positive self-image and a positive attitude about his or her body. Discussing the procedure candidly with someone who has undergone the same procedure will foster such feelings, especially when the current client has an opportunity to ask questions and voice concerns to someone with first-hand knowledge. Medications for anxiety will not promote a positive self-image and a positive attitude, nor will discussing the procedure once more with the physician or hearing the nurse's opinion.

piesebel

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

cpetit11

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

Did you know?

Bisphosphonates were first developed in the nineteenth century. They were first investigated for use in disorders of bone metabolism in the 1960s. They are now used clinically for the treatment of osteoporosis, Paget's disease, bone metastasis, multiple myeloma, and other conditions that feature bone fragility.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library