This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse teaches a community group about food poisoning and gastroenteritis. Which statements should ... (Read 17 times)

jerry coleman

A nurse teaches a community group about food poisoning and gastroenteritis. Which statements should the nurse include in this group's teaching? (Select all that apply.)

a. Rotavirus is more common among infants and younger children.
  b. Escherichia coli diarrhea is transmitted by contact with infected animals.
  c. To prevent E. coli infection, don't drink water when swimming.
  d. Clients who have botulism should be quarantined within their home.
  e. Parasitic diseases may not show up for 1 to 2 weeks after infection.

Question 2

A nurse cares for a client with ulcerative colitis. The client states, I feel like I am tied to the toilet. This disease is controlling my life. How should the nurse respond?

a. Let's discuss potential factors that increase your symptoms.
  b. If you take the prescribed medications, you will no longer have diarrhea.
  c. To decrease distress, do not eat anything before you go out.
  d. You must retake control of your life. I will consult a therapist to help.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

peter

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A, C, E
Rotavirus is more common among the youngest of clients. Not drinking water while swimming can help prevent E. coli infection. Parasitic diseases may take up to 2 weeks to become symptomatic. People with botulism need to be hospitalized to monitor for respiratory failure and paralysis. Escherichia coli is not transmitted by contact with infected animals.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Clients with ulcerative colitis often express that the disorder is disruptive to their lives. Stress factors can increase symptoms. These factors should be identified so that the client will have more control over his or her condition. Prescription medications and anorexia will not eliminate exacerbations. Although a therapist may assist the client, this is not an appropriate response.

jerry coleman

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ryhom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates’s recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates's recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library