This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse working in the ophthalmology clinic sees clients with eyelid and eye problems. What ... (Read 34 times)

saraeharris

The nurse working in the ophthalmology clinic sees clients with eyelid and eye problems. What information should the nurse understand about these disorders? (Select all that apply.)

a. A chalazion is an inflammation of an eyelid sebaceous gland.
  b. An ectropion is the eyelid turning inward.
  c. An entropion is the eyelid turning outward.
  d. A hordeolum is an infection of the eyelid sweat gland.
  e. Keratoconjunctiviti s sicca is caused by drugs or diseases.

Question 2

A client is seen in the ophthalmology clinic with bacterial conjunctivitis. Which statements by the client indicate a good understanding of home management of this condition? (Select all that apply.)

a. As long as I don't wipe my eyes, I can share my towel.
  b. Eye irrigations should be done with warm saline or water.
  c. I will throw away all my eye makeup when I get home.
  d. I won't touch the tip of the eyedrop bottle to my eye.
  e. When the infection is gone, I can use my contacts again.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

meganlapinski

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A, D, E
A chalazion is an inflammation of one of the sebaceous glands in the eyelid. A hordeolum is an infection of a sweat gland in the eyelid. Keratoconjunctiviti s sicca can be caused by drugs or diseases. An ectropion is an outward turning and sagging eyelid, while an entropion is an inward turning of the eyelid.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C, D
Bacterial conjunctivitis is very contagious, and re-infection or cross-contamination between the client's eyes is possible. The client should discard all eye makeup being used at the time the infection started. When instilling eyedrops, the client must be careful not to contaminate the bottle by touching the tip to the eye or face. The client should be instructed not to share towels. Eye irrigations are not needed. Contacts being used when the infection first manifests also need to be discarded.

saraeharris

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

coreycathey

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library