This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse reads on a client's chart that the client has exophthalmos. What assessment finding is ... (Read 38 times)

sabina

The nurse reads on a client's chart that the client has exophthalmos. What assessment finding is consistent with this diagnosis?

a. Bulging eyes
  b. Drooping eyelids
  c. Sunken-in eyes
  d. Yellow sclera

Question 2

The nurse has given a community group a presentation on eye health. Which statement by a participant indicates a need for more instruction?

a. I always lose my sunglasses, so I don't wear them.
  b. I have diabetes and get an annual eye exam.
  c. I will not share my contact solution with others.
  d. I will wear safety glasses when I mow the lawn.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

anoriega3

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Exophthalmos is bulging eyes. Drooping eyelids is ptosis. Sunken-in eyes is enophthalmos. Yellow sclera indicates jaundice.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Clients should be taught to protect their eyes from ultraviolet (UV) exposure by consistently wearing sunglasses when outdoors, when tanning in tanning salons, or when working with UV light. The other statements are correct.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates's recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

To maintain good kidney function, you should drink at least 3 quarts of water daily. Water dilutes urine and helps prevent concentrations of salts and minerals that can lead to kidney stone formation. Chronic dehydration is a major contributor to the development of kidney stones.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library