This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is caring for a client on IV infusion of heparin. What actions does this nurse include in ... (Read 32 times)

@Brianna17

A nurse is caring for a client on IV infusion of heparin. What actions does this nurse include in the client's plan of care? (Select all that apply.)

a. Assess the client for bleeding.
  b. Monitor the daily activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) results.
  c. Stop the IV for aPTT above baseline.
  d. Use an IV pump for the infusion.
  e. Weigh the client daily on the same scale.

Question 2

Which statements by the client indicate good understanding of foot care in peripheral vascular disease? (Select all that apply.)

a. A good abrasive pumice stone will keep my feet soft.
  b. I'll always wear shoes if I can buy cheap flip-flops.
  c. I will keep my feet dry, especially between the toes.
  d. Lotion is important to keep my feet smooth and soft.
  e. Washing my feet in room-temperature water is best.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fur

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A, B, D
Assessing for bleeding, monitoring aPTT, and using an IV pump for the infusion are all important safety measures for heparin to prevent injury from bleeding. The aPTT needs to be 1.5 to 2 times normal in order to demonstrate that the heparin is therapeutic. Weighing the client is not related.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C, D, E
Good foot care includes appropriate hygiene and injury prevention. Keeping the feet dry; wearing good, comfortable shoes; using lotion; washing the feet in room-temperature water; and cutting the nails straight across are all important measures. Abrasive material such as pumice stones should not be used. Cheap flip-flops may not fit well and won't offer much protection against injury.

@Brianna17

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

robbielu01

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library